Private Nutrition Coaching for Women with Hormonal Dysfunction
- Do you frequently experience insomnia: sleep problems, difficulty going to sleep or waking between 1 and 4 a.m. unable to fall back asleep?
- Do you often experience hot flashes and or night sweats?
- Do you suffer from severe PMS (premenstrual syndrome) such as cramps, breast tenderness, bloating, moodiness, irritability, emotional instability, headaches, tiredness for more than 3 days before the start of your period?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating or remembering things?
- Are you experiencing mood changes (e.g. sadness, irritability, anxiety, depression)?
- Has your complexion gone through noticeable changes (i.e. drier than usual, unwanted facial hair, wrinkles, acne, etc.)?
- Is your hair thinning or do you have hair loss (including outer third of eyebrows and/or eyelashes)?
- Are your periods irregular or do you miss your period some months?
- Do you experience frequent vaginal dryness or painful intercourse?
- Has your sex drive gone missing, or have a change in sexual desire?
- Bloating and/or fluid retention (puffy ankles and hands, gain more than 2 pounds before your period)?
- Have you had an increase in hair on your face, chest, or arms?
- Do you have an increase in belly fat and what is known as “the muffin top”
Hormone hell or hormone health?
I have listed some of the most common symptoms of what I like to call “living in hormone hell”. If you are experiencing 3 or more of the above symptoms it can feel “like your body is broken”. When you have hormonal balance on the other hand, you feel energized, emotionally stable, little to no PMS, sexual desire and weight loss comes easily when the efforts are made. You’re probably wondering if that state even exists? Well… I am here to tell you it does!
Every woman will have different degrees of hormonal happiness but it is possible.
When I was about 33, a few years after I had my daughter, I noticed that I was slowly starting to gain weight and mostly around the middle. The PMS that only used to last a few days was beginning to be a week long affair and consisted of night sweats, sugar cravings, fatigue, migraines and serious bitchiness. YES! I was super fun to be around! Don’t even get me started on my sex drive… Um what sex drive?
As far as my overall health and weight goes – this was definitely one the toughest years. It seemed like no matter what I did nothing seemed to work.
I spent big bucks on a personal trainer, I joined one of the toughest boot camps in the city, I supposedly ate super healthy foods but only continued to gain weight. It was also during this time I started having severe food sensitivities, insomnia and my endometriosis took a turn for the worse. My body felt broken.
Looking back I realize how interconnected these symptoms were and after a long journey I finally reclaimed my body through some major lifestyle changes, including diet and balancing my hormones.
If I hadn’t addressed my hormone health I would have continued gaining weight. It was one of the most important things I did in my recovery.
The symptoms I experienced are all too common for women today. Hormone imbalance is only usually mentioned during the onset of perimenopause through our mid 40’s and 50’s. Many women are having hormonal symptoms earlier because of diet, lifestyle and a rise in pollution, toxins and xenoestrogens (synthetic chemicals that act as estrogen in our bodies like plastics) that we’re exposed to every day.
This thought has not been totally adopted by the medical community yet so women are often left to feel like crazy women who need to take an antidepressant…
How I can help
I offer one on one private coaching, to help women take back control of their bodies and regain hormonal health. In our private sessions we will create a personalized program to meet your specific needs. This will include:
- How to understand and make the most of the varying phases of your female cycle including PMS, fertility and sex drive
- What you feed your body to help optimize hormonal function this will include a 30 day meal plan with recipes
- How to achieve a solid nights sleep instead of tossing and turning from insomnia
- How to handle stress and to implement a self care practice
- Supplement recommendations to help restore hormone balance
- How often and how much to exercise, as well as which exercise to focus on
- How to handle and process difficult emotions
- What lab tests are best to have your doctor order when it comes to finding out more about your hormones
Results you can expect from working with me
- An increase in your energy and vitality
- Healthy immune system
- Balanced moods
- Weight loss (if needed)
- How to deconstruct cravings and binges to prevent them from controlling your food choices
- How to make healthy food choices without deprivation, starvation and struggle
- Refreshing sleep
- More Energy
- Moods stabilized
- An understanding of how to optimize your hormones
- A solid, long term game plan to help you reach hormonal health and stay there
Who I work with
I work with women who are experiencing any form of hormonal dysfunction, lack of energy and motivation, and any of the following symptoms related to their hormones; unrefreshing sleep, infertility, PCOS, PMS, perimenopause, worry, stress, depression, anxiety, compulsive eating, sugar addiction, weight gain, weight loss resistance, inflammation and loss of sex drive.
Ready to get started?
I offer customized coaching programs for women who are ready to relieve the symptoms of hormonal hell so they can create a new relationship with their body. If you are interested in more information and ready to commit to a journey of personal transformation, book your appointment online here.
Our initial session is $145 for 75 minutes
Follow up visits are 30-60 minutes $45-$90 depending on what we decide is appropriate for you.
Ready to get your life back?
Ready to book a session? Book your initial appointment or your free discovery today online.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call me 250-571-1142, text me, Facebook me, Skype me there are endless ways for us to communicate so pick your fave and reach out.
Am I “The One”
I want to help you transform your body and your life but if you have any doubts… come and have a complimentary discovery session so we can make sure we are a good fit for one another. You can book online or email me at email@example.com.
Karen Martel Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach
Ready for a hormone detox?
Try one of my hormone kits and get started TODAY!